Summer, have we had one, is almost over and the Winter months are fast approaching. There is a slight chill in the air and the nights are drawing in. We now need to prepare ourselves for this period and do our best to remain healthy.
To that end, we are pleased to inform you that the Flu Vaccinations are due in at the Practice from 28 September 2015
If you are eligible for a vacciantion, please contact the surgery and make an appointment
People who should have a flu jab
The injected flu vaccine is offered free of charge on the NHS to people who are at risk. This is to ensure they are protected against catching flu and developing serious complications.
You are eligible to receive a free flu jab if you:
- are 65 years of age or over
- are pregnant
- have certain medical conditions
- are very overweight
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- are a healthcare worker with direct patient contact, or a social care worker
Your Voice Counts
We are continually seeking your views on the practice - building, staff, services we offer. Your comments are valuable to us. Please continue to support us by sharing your views and ideas.
There is a suggestion box in reception where you may post your thoughts. Leaflets in reception and on line access (Friends & Family) to complete - these are sent to 'I want great care' and posted on their website. In turn this allows everyone to comment and view others comments on Kirkoswald Surgery (or indeed any surgery throughout the country)